Hospital sign specialists
Healthcare and hospital signs play a critical role in ensuring that patients, staff, and visitors can navigate healthcare facilities efficiently and safely. Moreover, effective directional can also save countless hours spent trying to navigate a large complex for all parties. At Wise Studios we have a vast experience in creating coherent and easily understandable healthcare and hospital signage schemes that give clarity and a uniform branding to your institution. This can be conveyed through to signage being deployed on doors, walls and rooms to give an overall identity for an establishment for a given department or for the overall faculty. We take considerable care to ensure this is conveyed all the way through your scheme - from safety signs to the wall art.
Here are some key considerations we take into account when designing healthcare signs:
- Clear and concise information: Healthcare and hospital signs should provide clear and concise information that is easy to understand, particularly in situations where people may be feeling stressed or anxious. This can include directional information, room numbers, and safety warnings.
- High-contrast colours of 95%. Using high-contrast colours helps to make the information stand out and be easily visible, even from a distance. Bright and bold colours can also help the sign stand out in a busy healthcare environment.
- Standardisation: Standardising the design, layout, and placement of healthcare and hospital signs can help ensure that users can quickly and easily recognise and follow the signage. This can help reduce confusion and improve efficiency.
- Multilingual information: Healthcare facilities often serve people from diverse cultural and language backgrounds. Including multilingual information on the signs can help ensure that all users can understand the information provided.
- Braille and tactile signs: Braille and tactile signs can help ensure that people with visual impairments can navigate the healthcare facility safely and independently.
- Iconography: Including simple icons or symbols can help convey information quickly and easily, particularly for people who may not speak the language or have reading difficulties.
- Placement and visibility: Healthcare signs should be placed in visible locations where users are likely to see them. They should also be placed at key decision points, such as intersections or changes in direction, to help guide people along their route.
Custom signs using custom materials and construction
Overall, healthcare signs should be designed to provide clear and concise information that is easy to understand and follow, while also considering the unique needs of the users and the environment. By designing effective healthcare signs, healthcare facilities can help ensure that patients, staff, and navigate seamlessly around the site.
At wise studios, our hospital signs are typically made from a variety of materials, depending on their location, purpose, and design. Here are some common materials that are used to manufacture hospital signs:
- Acrylic: This material is lightweight, durable, and easy to clean, making it a popular choice for hospital signs. Acrylic signs can be customised with different colours, sizes, and shapes. Where possible, an anti-glare acrylic should be used to ensure that the sign is easy to read in environments which use heavy lighting.
- Aluminum: Signs made from aluminum are sturdy and weather-resistant, making them ideal for outdoor hospital signs. They can be customized with different finishes, such as brushed or polished.
- Vinyl: This material is commonly used for temporary or semi-permanent signs, such as wayfinding signs or directional arrows. Vinyl signs are flexible, easy to install, and can be removed without damaging the surface they are applied to.
- PVC: This material is lightweight, cost-effective, and easy to work with. It can be cut into different shapes and sizes, and can be printed with high-quality graphics.
- Stainless Steel: Signs made from stainless steel are durable and resistant to corrosion, making them ideal for high-traffic areas in hospitals. They can be customized with different finishes, such as brushed or polished.
The specific materials used for hospital signs will depend on the specific requirements of the signage, as well as the budget and preferences of the hospital or healthcare facility.
Contact us today to discuss your healthcare signage scheme