Making the airport experience more enjoyable
Airport signs and wayfinding systems are vital components of airport design, helping to guide passengers through the airport and ensure they reach their intended destinations in a timely and efficient manner. The goal of airport wayfinding is to create a seamless and intuitive experience for passengers, while also promoting safety and security.
Airport wayfinding systems typically include a variety of different sign types, including directional signs, informational signs, regulatory signs, and warning signs. These signs are designed to be highly visible and easy to read, with clear and concise messaging and consistent design elements. Wise Studios has considerable experience in the creation of airport signage schemes including coherent wayfinding signage that promotes the airport's branding whilst improving visitors' airport experience.
Airport wayfinding specialists
In addition to signs, airports may also use other wayfinding elements, such as floor markings, color-coding, and digital displays. These elements help to create a cohesive and intuitive wayfinding system that is easy for passengers to navigate. Wise Studios are experts in creating an overall scheme that not only creates consistent branding but also subtle but distinguishable for each discrete environment, be it for each building or terminal, or in the demarcation of arrival and departures. These can involve clear signage but also more indirect messaging through colour schemes, wall art and other ambient media.
Wayfinding signage for international audiences
Airport wayfinding systems must also take into account the needs of different types of passengers, such as those with disabilities or those who speak languages other than English. Signs and other wayfinding elements must be designed with these users in mind, with clear and simple messaging and appropriate symbols, images and graphics.
Overall, airport wayfinding is a complex and critical component of airport design, helping to ensure that passengers can navigate the airport safely and efficiently, while also promoting a positive passenger experience. Wise Studios appreciate the linguistic and cultural differences that hosting world travellers involves and manufacture, installs and maintains signage systems that take these factors into account.
We manufacture airport signs using various materials
This can offer a range of benefits when it comes to airport sign manufacturing. Here are some of the most common materials used for airport signs:
- Aluminum: Aluminum is a popular material for airport signs because it is lightweight, durable, and resistant to corrosion. It is also easy to work with and can be painted or coated to match any design.
- Acrylic: Acrylic is a versatile material that can be used for a variety of airport sign types, including informational signs and wayfinding signs. It is lightweight, easy to fabricate, and can be molded into different shapes.
- Polycarbonate: Polycarbonate is another durable and lightweight material that is commonly used for airport signs. It is impact-resistant and can withstand extreme weather conditions, making it ideal for outdoor signs.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is a cost-effective option for airport signs and can be used for graphics and lettering on a variety of sign types. It is easy to apply and can be customized with a wide range of colors and designs.
- Digital displays: Digital displays are becoming increasingly popular in airports for displaying flight information and other updates. They can be made with a variety of materials, including LED screens and LCD screens.
By using a combination of these materials, you can create airport signs that are durable, attractive, and functional, while also meeting the unique needs and requirements of your clients.
There are many different types of aviation signs, each serving a specific purpose in guiding passengers through the airport and providing important information. Here are some of the most common types of airport signs:
- Wayfinding signs: Wayfinding signs are designed to help passengers navigate through the airport, with clear and concise directions to gates, baggage claim, restrooms, and other key areas.
- Informational signs: Informational signs provide important information to passengers, such as flight schedules, airport maps, and emergency information.
- Regulatory signs: Regulatory signs provide instructions or warnings to passengers, such as those indicating restricted areas or prohibited items.
- Destination signs: Destination signs indicate the location of specific airlines or rental car agencies, helping passengers find their way to their intended destination.
- Identification signs: Identification signs help passengers identify specific areas of the airport, such as concourses, gates, or baggage claim.
- Directional signs: Directional signs provide clear and concise directions to specific locations within the airport, helping passengers find their way quickly and efficiently.
- Advertising signs: Advertising signs promote products, services, or destinations, and are often located in high-traffic areas of the airport.
- Digital displays: Digital displays are becoming increasingly popular in airports, providing real-time flight information, wayfinding assistance, and other updates to passengers.
By using a combination of these different sign types, airports can create a comprehensive wayfinding system that helps passengers navigate the airport safely and efficiently, while also promoting a positive passenger experience.
Contact us today to discuss your airport scheme and we will be delighted to consult with you to meet your exacting requirements.